Hey hey! I’m Michael Lee.
A husband + dad from North Carolina.
I work as an IT manager at I Will Teach You To Be Rich (yes, it’s legit).
Prior to my role as an IT manager, I spent over 10 years as a software engineer at various tech companies—custom software agency, ReverbNation, NC State University, EMR health record company, CloudBees—across many different roles (yup, kind of a nerd 🤓).
What do you write about on this site?
If I’m being honest, I write about things that interests me. And perhaps you’ll find them interesting as well.
If you’re curious about what my writing is like, here are some posts around topics that I cover on this site:
- Stories of fatherhood and how it shapes me and my career
- Experiencing culture as a Korean-American
- Programming tips and tricks
- Workflow automations on iOS, iPadOS and macOS
- Side hustles
- Productivity improvements and mindfulness
- Tech that I geek out about
- Doesn’t happen often but meeting celebrities in real life
I write a new article every week and the best way to keep up with them are through my newsletter.
You geek out about technology and you like to write, but what else?
I enjoy drinking black coffee ☕️, eating pizza 🍕 and reading 📖. When I can do all three in a single day, my day feels pretty complete.
On my free time, I’m usually,
- watching Korean drama with my wife
- catching lizards, bugs or fish and talking about Pokémon with my son
- dancing around to Idina Menzel or BTS with my daughters
- trying to keep my lawn from dying or pulling out weeds
You seem like a cool person, where can I connect with you?
Well, best place to connect with me is honestly through my newsletter. By signing up, you get an email from me. If you ever want to chat, all you have to do is hit reply.
The other place I’m usually hanging out is on Twitter. I share more real-time thoughts and giving folks virtual high-fives by smashing that like button 🥳. If you’re on Twitter, hit me up @michaelsoolee.